Tuesday, August 4, 2009

as I edit thousands of photographs of...

all of the amazing people I've been photographing--babies and teenagers, families, couples, weddings, faces for corporations-- I can't help but be in awe of the beauty in a human face. I come home from a long day of photographing people...and I begin to sort through the images and feel myself come alive with excitement as I notice all the nuances and details--so many varieties of expression. I've said it so many times, but what I'm looking for isn't a beautiful setting or a pretty face. What I'm after, ALWAYS, is what feels real and authentic and true about someone. I feel like I'm always on this quest to know a person, to see who they are. Because what I know to be true is we are all lovely at our core, and it is at our core where our deepest beauty resides.