Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One in Three photography wins local ADDY Gold award


For the past few months, I have been working in conjunction with the Jacksonville Public Education Fund on an incredible documentary portrait project called One in Three. I am photographing about twenty high school students who have succeeded despite staggering odds against them. These portraits will be 4 feet by 5 feet in size (BIG!) and exhibited at the Cummer Museum in the fall along with their stories printed on vinyl on the walls. The goal is to raise awareness of the staggering dropout rate in Duval County.

I am so proud of this project! I love the students I am meeting and so incredibly inspired by their stories and and also by the amazing adults in Jacksonville--ministers, teachers, volunteers who are making such a huge difference in the lives of students.

I just found out yesterday that my photography, which is used in the Sponsorship Kits that Brunet Garcia Advertising Agency designed was submitted for an ADDY and won GOLD! Woohoo! It now moves on to the state level. The photographs below show the brochure. I am so excited to share this project with you as it comes to fruition over the next few months.